GJU BONEX team members participation in the World Water Week In Stockholm
Dr. Munjed Al Sharif and Dr. Arwa Abdelhay from GJU; both BONEX Jordan team members, have participated in the World Water Week (WWW) in Stockholm, Sweden during the period 20 – 24 of August 2023.This year WWW was under the title: Seeds of Change: Innovative Solutions for a Water-Wise World.
They attended most of the sessions related to WEFE, WaSH, wastewater treatment and reuse, and water demand management.
Some of the Interesting sessions in the WWW were:
- Enhancing Local Resilience through Water-Culture-Innovation Nexus
- Adapting to Climate Change: Innovative Approaches to Water Governance
- Collaborate to Accelerate: Innovating for Future-Focused Water Security
- Cooperation for Drought Resilience
- Climate Friendly and Resilient Approaches to Water and Sanitation Management
- Driving rural water innovation: concept to scale-up
- How to operationalise the water energy carbon-nexus
Dr. Arwa has also participated in the session titled “Every Brown Drop Counts- Wastewater Reuse in the Arab Region” where she elaborated on the main issues concerning wastewater reuse in Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine.
They also had the chance to network with many of the international organizations, companies, and donor agencies in order create future potential for cooperation.